This pasta is high in protein, low in starchy carbs and packs on the volume. Plus, it tastes great!
Here’s what you need…
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 lb. extra-lean ground turkey
½ medium white onion, finely chopped
1 celery stalk, finely diced
salt and pepper to taste
¼ tsp red pepper flakes
3 cloves garlic, minced
28-Oz. can crushed tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato paste
14.5-Oz. can diced tomatoes
1 tbsp dried oregano
1 tsp brown sugar
2 tsp chopped fresh basil
2 tbsp parmesan cheese, shredded
1. In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
2. Add ground turkey, onion, and celery. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
3. Sauté the turkey mixture, breaking the turkey into small pieces, until turkey is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Add garlic, and sauté for 1 minute.
4. Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, oregano and brown sugar.
5. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes. Add basil, and stir to combine everything really well.
6. Prepare the zucchini noodles using a spiralizer or mandolin slicer.
7. In another skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini noodles and cook about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
8. When the zucchini noodles are ready, place them on four plates, top with Bolognese sauce, and garnish with cheese.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 367 calories, 11g fat, 37g carbohydrate and 36g protein.