This orange beef stir-fry is packed with healthy carbs, green, and protein. And it can all be on your plate in under 30 minutes!
1 large sweet potato
2.5 tsp coconut oil
1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
1 cup 100% orange juice
2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
1 tbsp honey
6-8 cups kale
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Spiralize the sweet potato using the spiralizer.
2. Heat 1-1/2 teaspoons of the coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add in the potato noodles and cook until they just begin to soften, about 5-7 minutes. Place into a bowl and cover to keep warm.
3. Heat the remaining teaspoon of oil in the pan over medium heat, and add in 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger. Cook until the ginger is lightly browned and fragrant, about 1 minute.
4. Add the steak and cook until it reaches desired doneness. Drain the fat and place into a bowl. Cover it to keep warm, and set aside.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together all the sauce ingredients except the kale and toss into the pan. Turn the heat up to high, and boil the sauce until it just begins to thicken, about 2-3 minutes.
6. Turn the heat down to medium and toss in the kale. Cook until the kale begins to wilt.
7. Divide the noodles and steak between two dishes and top with the sauce and kale mixture.
Nutritional Analysis: Two servings equals: 546 calories, 12g fat, 65g carbohydrate and 38g protein.