This delicious salad is full of colourful vegetable goodness, and features chickpeas- a legume that provides a vegetarian protein alternative to meat, chicken and fish.
¼ cup olive oil
2 teaspoons Ras el Hanout or Moroccan seasoning
2 Golden Nugget pumpkins (or 550g of other pumpkin), halved, deseeded and sliced
1 large red onion, peeled and cut into 12 wedges
1 bunch baby beetroot (500g), trimmed and halved
1 bunch baby carrots (400g), trimmed and halved
6 sprigs lemon thyme
400g Brussel sprouts, halved
1 cup (200g) dried chickpeas, soaked and boiled or 2 x 400g tin, drained
¼ cup coriander leaves
¼ cup parsley leaves
¼ cup mint leaves
Tahini, Lemon and Yoghurt Dressing:
2 tablespoons tahini
Juice of 1 lemon
1 clove garlic, crushed
⅓ cup Greek style yoghurt
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Line two baking trays with baking paper.
2. In a small bowl combine olive oil and Ras el Hanout together, stirring to combine.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, onion, beetroot, carrots, thyme sprigs and 2½ tablespoons of the oil mixture, tossing until well coated. Divide mixture evenly between prepared baking trays and place in preheated oven; cook for 30 minutes. Remove trays from oven.
4. Toss sprouts and drained chickpeas in remaining oil mixture until well coated. Add to roasted vegetables and return baking trays to oven for a further 20-30 minutes or until sprouts and chickpeas, become golden.
5. For the tahini dressing, combine the tahini, lemon juice and garlic together in a small mixing bowl, stirring until mixture is smooth. Add yoghurt, 2 tablespoons of water and salt and pepper, stirring to combine.
6. To serve salad, sprinkle roasted vegetables with coriander, parsley and mint leaves and drizzle over the tahini dressing.
Nutritional Analysis: One salad (six servings) equals: 1557.3 kJ, 15g protein, 17.1g fat, 30.9g carbs, 18g sugars. 352.7mg sodium, 16.5g fibre