Arugula isn’t just fancy lettuce- it’s a flavourful, nutritious vegetable that has a long list of health benefits. It’s low in calories, high in folic acid, vitamins A, C, and K, and minerals. Its peppery flavour also provides a unique twist. Here’s our favourite way to make arugula even yummier!
Here’s what you need…
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
10 Baby Carrots Chopped
½ Cup Red Cabbage Chopped
1 Cup Arugula
8 Oz Chicken Cubed
2 Tsp Sunflower Seeds
1. Pan fry cubed chicken in a non-stick pan with olive oil. Set aside and allow it to cool.
2. Chop red cabbage and baby carrots.
3. Add arugula, carrots, and cabbage to a large salad bowl.
4. Top salad with sunflower seeds and cooled chicken.
5. Add your favourite dressing and enjoy.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 469 calories, 12g fat, 14g carbohydrate, 65g protein.